Every person wishing to visit the United States for tourism requires a B2 visa, also known as U.S.Visitor Visa. It is a non-immigrant visa for various reasons, for example, for work, visits to family or friends, medical care. The permit for B2 is usually referred to as the tourist visa.
B2 visas for birth tourism won’t be provided (to acquire the U.S. nationality for their child, mainly to give birth).
The Requirements for the B2 Visa
To apply for a B2 visa, you should, therefore, prove to the foreign officials that you qualify for the visa under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Follow the step by step process for the same.
- By presenting evidence of the reason, you intend to visit the USA.
- Show that you intend to live for a limited time in the U.S.
- Show that your costs are sufficiently covered during your stay.
- By showing you have a home outside the U.S., You should also have proof of an economic and social link to leave the country at the end of your journey.
Documents Required for the B2 Visa
While applying for a visa, the applicants are expected to carry with them the following documents to the Embassy or Consulate during their visa interview:
- DS-160 Form (Filled and Completed Form)
- Photographs(Passport Size)
- Payment Receipt of the Application Fee
- Appointment Letter (a copy is required)
- Present evidence of employment, tax payment, property or company possession
- Itinerary for the trip you expected and other details.
- The employer’s note. Your designation, salary, time of employment, the approved holiday should be stated in that letter
- Trial or criminal history somewhere in the event of conviction/arrest. It must be granted even if you have been forgiven or finished your sentence.
The following documentation must be given in compliance with the applicant who applies to the United States:
- When you’re a student, while visiting the Embassy or Consulate, you can bring your latest school result, diplomas and transcripts with you. You will also provide financial documentation such as slips of F.D. (fixed deposits) and other investments.
- When you are a working professional, then the employer and the payrolls for the last three months will give you a note.
- You will obtain a copy of your relative’s status proof whenever you visit a relative in the U.S., E.g., Visa, Green Card, Certificate of Naturalisation.
- You will hold any papers confirming your visa or immigration status if you have been to America before.
You must submit the following documents if you are visiting the U.S. for medical treatment.
- A local medical diagnosis, explaining the essence of the condition and the justification for care in the country.
- A Letter from the treatment facility in the U.S expressing a desire to treat the illness. The cost of the treatment and the estimated length should be specified in this letter.
- A statement issued and given by the company or individuals who fund medical, transport and living expenses. Sponsors can provide evidence that their financial statements and savings/income statements or a copy of their income tax returns will cover this expense.
To apply for a B2 visa, follow the steps below:
- Fill the application online. TheDS-160 form must be completed. Make sure you read and provide correct details before completing the form. You will upload your photo when filling out the online application form. Ensure that you have a picture in the format you need. You can’t make any adjustments once you submit the form. From the confirmation tab, take a print.
- The visa fee must be paid, and a print out of the paid receipt should be carried.
- For the visa, appointment log on to the visa page and schedule the appointment. For meetings must be arranged. The first is for the appointment for the visa application centre (VAC) at the Embassy or Consulate. The visa appointment must be made one day before the visa interview and complete the photo and fingerprint scan process. To make an appointment, you need to include the number of your passport, the date of payment of fees and the barcode number (10 digits) on the confirmation page of the the-160 form.
Another option is that you can pick your visa form, fill in your personal information, add details of your dependents, confirm the visa payment and select the delivery location and schedule appointments.
You will accompany the following for the VAC appointment:
- Valid passport (at least six months after your stay in the United States). Every person has to request a visa application if two or more people are included in your passport.
- Completed DS-160 form.
- Confirmation of the appointment.
- Suppose the applicant is below 14 years of age, a photo according to the visa requirements must be submitted.
You must obtain all the necessary documentation for the interview at the Embassy or Consulate. The consular officer will determine whether to grant the visa or not based on the interview. You need to pay an issuance fee if you get the permit.