Jobseeker visas are an ideal choice for immigrants who plan to live in Norway. A six-month residency permit in Norway and a job is granted to skilled professional jobseekers.
A residency permit of the eligible jobseeker only applies to citizens of countries where the visa is required.
Who is Eligible?
You will generally get a job offer in Norway before you can apply for a Jobseeker visa. As a skilled worker, you can receive permission to live in Norway while you are looking for a job in certain exceptional cases.
The following categories fall under the Job Seeker Visa.
- Specialist curriculum equivalent to high school level: In a specific career, you must have undergone formal training. Education must be at least three years of high school education. You have to be professional at the same point as if you had been trained in Norway. Professional preparation for plumbers or assistant nurses is included.
- Craft Course Certificate.
- Training at university or colleges: A completed bachelor or master’s degree programme, for instance, is the prerequisite.
- Specific skills: You must obtain knowledge from a certain amount of professional experience, or in conjunction with courses and the like. If there is an educational standard in this area, the rule of competence that such training contributes to must have been corresponding. A licence is issued in rare circumstances only based on individual qualifications.
The cost of required and acute medical care and medically repatriated patient transfers must be included in travel or medical insurance.
The plan shall have a minimum coverage of EUR 30000 for all Schengen countries. For the time you seek a residence permit, the policy shall be valid.
Requirements You Need to Make Up for Norway Job Seeker Visa
- An application fee must be paid.
- You need to be a job seeker and find a job in Norway as a professional worker. The work can’t be as a religious leader or as an ethnic chef.
Any of the below conditions must be met if you are applying for a job seeker visa.
- It would be best if you had an accreditation permit as a university or university student, a vocational school student or a high school student and a job seeker application before the license expires. Your graduation/education in Norway must be completed.
- For your education to be accepted to Norway, you need to obtain a residency permit for further training and apply for a residence permit before your license expires. It would be best if you were remembered or rewarded for your education.
- As a researcher with your funds, you need to obtain a residency permit and apply before this permit expires.
- For researchers at a university, college or research institute, you must have a residence permit as an eligible worker with an employer in Norway. Before this credit expires, you will apply.
- Over time you expect to remain in Norway, you need enough money to live. At least NOK 20521 per month must be available, i.e. NOK 246252 per year. It has to be your own money and usually will be on your bank account in Norway. When you are searching for a similar professional job in Norway, the earnings from this job can be included in that number
Privileges and Responsibilities for Job seeker Visa- Norway
- When you look for similar jobs as a professional worker, you can work full or part-time, even in situations that do not involve skilled workers.
- A residency permit can be issued for up to one year.
- If you want to apply for a permanent residence permit, later on, the time you have this residence permit is not counted.
- You will apply to renew your permit when your members of the family already have a family immigration authorization and reside in Norway with you. You can receive the answer to your applications at the same time if your family members apply at the same time.
Advantages of a Jobseeker Visa for Norway
- The Qualified Job Seekers who succeed in landing a job in Norway can apply with a sponsorship from a local employer for a specialized workers’ residence permit.
- The employer will fund your residency permit for the skilled workers easily.
- After three months of residency, the licence is allowed for permanent residence in Norway.
You can download the Application form to Visa for Norway from here