Canada Immigration

Top 5 Questions Answered Related to Getting a Canadian Permanent Residence Quickest

Getting a Canadian Permanent Residence Quickest

A lot of people have questions on the best method to get a Canadian permanent residence. However, what you must know is that every single year,  Canada welcomes a lot of “economic” immigrants, who, based on their skills and work experience, qualify for permanent residence, in comparison to any category of immigration.  Listed below are the answers to the top five frequently asked questions pertaining to getting a Canadian permanent residence along with what has to be done in case situations change to post a job.

Canadian permanent residence
Top 5 Questions Answered Related to Getting a Canadian Permanent Residence Quickest

Top five Frequently Asked Questions Pertaining to Getting a Canadian Permanent Residence

  1. What is a “skilled” job which qualifies an individual for permanent residence?

This is a very important question that is asked all the time. What exactly is a skilled work under the immigration laws of Canada? 

You will be shocked to know that skilled workers include carpenters, painters, as well as bakers. A lot of entry-level administrative jobs are considered o be skilled work. The IRCC or Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada define a job’s skill level based on a specific document known as the “National Occupational Classification” system or NOC. This document allows a peculiar four-digit code to every job imaginable, lists the duties that are associated with that job, post which they are categorized into five distinct skill levels: 0, A, B, C and D, wherein 0, A, and B jobs are skilled and C and D jobs are low/semi-skilled.

  1. If I work additional hours will I qualify quickly for a permanent residence?

This is a misconception! This is completely false and according to the data available on the website of the IRCC website a person having even just 1560 hours of skilled work in Canada can qualify for a permanent residence. In order to claim a year of work experience in Canada, you must have 12 months of work experience at a full-time job.

  1. What if I get fired from my job?

Another important question is what can be done in case you are fired from your job? This depends on the kind of work permit that you already have. In case you have a “closed” work permit, you need not panic because this permit will not be invalid due to the loss of a job. You are legally in the country and will have to find another job. Once you find a new job, you can apply for a new work permit. You might also require a new Labour Market Impact Assessment to get a new permit.

In case you have an open work permit, you can start working immediately for a new employer once you get a job offer.

You will also be able to make use of the also make use of the previous work experience in order to qualify for a permanent residence.

Canadian permanent residence.

  1. Can I qualify for permanent residence in case I switch jobs?

Yes. Regardless of whether a person resigns from a job or gets fired from a job, job loss will not disqualify the work experience that you have gained and can be counted while obtaining permanent residence. Under immigration laws, it is permitted to “mix and match” the work experience in Canada. 

  1. Do wages matter?

No. Wages do not matter when you work in Canada. As long as you get paid for the work done, there are no criteria on minimum wages to be earned so as to include the work experience for qualifying for a permanent residence.  However, if you earn a very low wage, it can raise doubts about your employment in the immigration officer’s mind.


Related Articles

Back to top button