Truck Drivers use heavy Vehicles to transport the material. Being a truck driver is a profession which doesn’t require much of the education qualification, for the job one should be a school pass out, hold a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and know other small repair work related to the vehicle. Truck drivers are being paid according to the distance or miles they traveled. Truck Drivers in the US Earning Tons of Money regardless of any educational qualification.
Truck Drivers in the US Earning Tons of Money- But it does come with the Responsibilities-
- Maintenance of the vehicle,
- Delivering the Goods on time,
- Keep the expenses list,
- Recording the miles traveled,
- Valid and Clean Commercial Driver’s License and maintain it that way,
- Maintaining of the soft copy of the delivery data,
- Maintaining the Proper paperwork drivers get from the employers of both the side.
Educational Qualifications Required for being a Truck Driver in the US
- School diploma or GED Certificate.
- Medical and aptitude clearance during CDL examination,
- Certificate from a reputed Driving School,
- Knowledge regarding Logistics, Administration and automobile repair,
- Have attended the workshops organized by American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Should have cleared the pre-training programs given by the Employers.
Experience in Trucking can get you to Earn Extra Dollars-
Truck drivers learn experience with the distance they travel. With the experience their job gets difficult, and they get to handle large shipments, hazardous materials. More knowledge more job expectation in Trucking job.
With more experience, you will get more salary and your traveling time get reduced.
How much Salary do the Truck Drivers Earn?-
Pay scale depends on the employer driver is working with and the experience of the driver. If we start from the fresher’s level on could roughly earn $35,000 per year. As the experience comes with time, this same salary shoots up to $42,000. The top earners in trucking earn up to $60,000.
Pay scale also depends on the location, in which cities like Chicago, Denver, Dallas are ruling the trucking industry. These cities pay an average salary of $48,500 annually.
Not only experience but good work can also increase your salary in the form of Bonuses. Apart from the bonuses, you may also get promoted from a driver to a manager of a warehouse.
Future of Trucking in the US- Job Outlook-
Future seems to be very bright in this trucking as the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a minimum 11% growth in the coming ten years. There could be high demand rise as the Gasoline and shipping rate will get cheaper.
If you love traveling, meeting new people get into the Trucking industry in the US. It requires minimal education and pays you off a good salary. As a fresher, it provides you the money to settle in the country like the US. There is no downfall to the career you will only rise and shine.