All the hardship an immigrant is doing in a foreign country just to have a better lifestyle and can give education to their children. In this case, obvious that immigrant wants his spouse and children to be with him in the country he is working and staying. New Zealand is the country which provides many options for the spouse to stay in the country on a permanent basis. Find out the ways and options for the partner to settle permanently with you while working in New Zealand.
Ways for a partner to settle permanently with you while working in New Zealand-
Resident visa is the prerequisite for the spouse to have to settle in New Zealand permanently. New Zealand government provides many options for the same but the requirement for each category is different. Let’s have a look at these options-
Partner of a permanent resident of New Zealand- this visa has the following categories-
If you are a partner of the immigrant who already has permanent residency in New Zealand-
If this is your case, you are eligible to apply for permanent residency and live with your spouse in New Zealand for an indefinite time. This visa also allows you to work in the country. If you have any dependent children of age less than 24 years can also accompany you to the country with this visa.
Conditions on who can apply for the visa-
- A relationship should be of more than 5 years that is you been living together for more than 5 years. Chances of getting a residency are high in this case.
- In case the relationship is new and have spent around 1 year or so together but have proofs related to a strong relationship they are sharing, they can apply for the visa.
- In case if the residency of the immigrant is in the process but the spouse of the immigrants wants to join him or her before that, can apply for the visa process.
If the residency of the immigrant is not final and the spouse wants to continue his or her education- student visa for spouse
In this case, the spouse should get a student visa. For the visa, the officer doesn’t evaluate your application on the basis of work visa of the immigrant working in New Zealand but he will evaluate the application with the terms and conditions of student policies.
Conditions to be followed-
- Full fees for the course should be paid beforehand.
- Partner or children can use the relationship factor in getting the visa.
If the spouse wants to visit the country temporary- visitor visa with the relationship being a add up point to get the visa-
This visa is valid up to 2 years which allows the partner to settle permanently with you while working in New Zealand and can explore the country.
Conditions on this type of visa-
- Spouse is not permitted to work in the country.
- The spouse can study for 3 months on this visa.
Visa for visa-waiver countries- no requirement of the visa if the stay is of 3 months or less
However, there are countries which come under the category of visa-waiver. This allows the person to visit New Zealand without the visa provided that the duration of the visit is of 3 months or less. If a person wants to stay in the country for longer duration one need to get the visitor visa. This visa also allows the person to study but it is of short period. Children can accompany if they fulfill the conditions and they can only visit can’t study or work on this visa. By these means, you can invite your partner to settle permanently with you while working in New Zealand.