Competency demonstration report (CDR) is a report shown by every engineer who wants to migrate to Australia for work. The main authority who examine the report is the Institution of Engineers Australia and it is their job to examine the report as per the migration skills assessment.
It includes all the achievements and the documents you have collected while your engineering with other requirements too. On failure to pass the requirements, you can’t apply for another 11 months. Let’s get deep into the topic All about competency demonstration report (CDR) for Australian visa.
Following are required to submit the CDR for the visa?
- Engineers whose degree is not certified by countries like Dublin, Sydney or Washington need to file CDR report to the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Engineers whose qualification date is not in a proper match with the date of accreditation need to file CDR report to the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Engineers who want to do courses different from their degree and want the judgment shouldn’t be done on their degree basis need to file CDR report to the Institution of Engineers Australia.
What all is needed for the CDR report is mentioned below-
- Updated resume attached with educational qualifications and documents related to it.
- Passport and birth-certificate.
- IELTS result.
- No objection certificate from the previous job.
- Career episode.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Summary statement.
First four requirements are very basic but the last three are the most important one. Let’s understand these three in detail-
Career episodes- Career episodes are the mainly 3 chapters of your engineering life. It will include that everything you have done during your graduation or post-graduation. It will include-
-projects you have taken during your course,
-internships you been through during your course,
-engineering skills you have developed during that period.
The criterion of writing Career Episodes-
- One should include 3 career episodes
- Total words should be in range if 1200-1700 with each of career episode getting 100 words and summary can have 50-100 words.
- Individually each career episodes should divide into 3 paragraphs which should be numbered as CE1.1, CE1.2, and CE1.3.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
CPD report gives full detail of your postgraduate courses, what kind of workshops and conferences you have attended and detail about your volunteer work related to your field of study.
A summary statement is in relation with career episodes as it acts as an appendix for the CE’s. As nobody wants to risk their visa, so many of the engineers do professionals or writing CEs and summary report.
Reasons for rejection of CDR application
Engineers job have been done once submitted the CDR application now it is in the hand of Engineers Australia to assess the applications. Everyone wants best for their country so as Australia, to make sure only the best of best engineers come to their country, Engineers Australia have set booklet on migration skill assessment which is routinely updated on the Engineers Australia website. If the above-mentioned requirements are not fulfilled then the application could be rejected and suspended for another 11 months. Following are the reasons for the rejection of CDR application-
- If the engineers don’t fulfill the requirements mentioned in the migration skill assessment booklet.
- Career episodes don’t fulfill the competency requirements.
- Engineer’s CDR application is found to be copied from the internet.
- Engineer’s CDR application is found to be copied from any other submitted CDR application.
Taking stakes into consideration many engineers prefer to hire professional CDR filling agency to apply their application. But there is nothing you can’t do by yourself. Read the requirements and instruction given on the website carefully and collect all the documents timely.