To Study in the USA for a student from a mediocre family is always been difficult. Study in any of the universities in the USA will cost you an arm and a leg. Now here comes the role of the scholarships which meant for brilliant minds who have goals and determination to get a quality education but doesn’t have money to do the same.
The students who have performed outstandingly in their academics throughout the years are eligible for the Scholarships. Not all are eligible for the scholarships. There are the different eligibility criterion for different scholarship programs. Stay tuned with the article to know different Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in the USA.
Different Scholarships available for Indian Students to Study in the USA
For each scholarship program, you can either get a full scholarship or partial scholarship. In Full Scholarship everything including tuition fee, rent, books etc. all been paid through the scholarship. But in Partial Scholarship only tuition fee is being paid by the scholarship, rest expenses you have to bear on your own.
A student can apply for the scholarship even after his 12th or graduation. Below listed are some scholarship programs that help Indian students to study in the USA.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarships are maximum of $100,000 for the students who wished to study in America and Europe in different fields such as business administration, fine arts, law and other special education.
- The applicant must have performed excellently in the required field of study.
- The scholarship is only obliged to fund $100,000 not more than that. This fund will cover tuition fees living expenses and flight ticket only of coming to the country.
- At the time of the interview, the applicant has to show financial proofs that he or she have sufficient fund to sustain in the country. In a failure of doing so, the applicant is not eligible for the scholarship.
Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
This scholarship sponsor postgraduate programs for the students who wished to do their masters from reputed universities of the USA.
This scholarship covers wide range of courses in different fields and they are listed as below-
- Management in Arts and Culture
- Environmental studies
- Administration studies
- International law
- Public Health
- Gender-based studies.
- Applicants are required to have work experience of 3 years back in their home country and should give assurance at the time of interview that they will return back to their country and serve it.
- The scholarship covers most of the applicant’s expenses including tuition fee, room rent, two-way air ticket, health insurance.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme
This scholarship’s main aim is to provide practical and exposure in the USA for a period 10 months. This scholarship covers almost every possible area of study. This scholarship is in accordance with Fulbright program and provides non-degree courses to study.
- Applicant must have taken English proficiency online test that is TOEFL to continue the scholarship.
- As mentioned earlier they allow only non-degree courses but the students can work on master’s level work in their interested field of study.
Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
Reliance Industries in compliance with Stanford GSB started a scholarship for Indian students who want to pursue their career in the business related field. Under this scholarship of $150,000 covering all tuition fee and other expenses, a student can study at one of the reputed b-school that is at Stanford Graduate Business School. 5 students are awarded this scholarship.
- Students have to come back to his home country after the completion of the course.
Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship
The scholarship amounted to be of total minimum $15,000 and maximum $30,000 covers total of 6 areas which are highly required and focused area for any of a country like a disease treatment, economic development, child care, water scarcity, peace, literacy.
- The area of interest should in compliance with above-mentioned studies.
- This grant is given by both the countries(India and the USA) who are being members of Future Vision pilot members.
Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship
Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala is an alumnus of Booth School of batch 1952. This fellowship in remembrance of him contribute a total sum of $ 25,000 which covers tuition of 2 years MBA program. Only 2 students will get the scholarship
The Indian Trust Fellowship
The Indian Trust Fellowship works in collaboration with Booth School of Business of Chicago. Under this fellowship, a student can pursue a two-year course of MBA at Chicago. Only that students are eligible who have an excellent academic record and was working in India. The scholarship is worth $10,000 which will include all the expense related to tuition fees etc. Only 2 students will get the scholarship.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGL)
This scholarship’s main motive is to promote civic and social activities. A student who has performed exceptionally well in these fields can pursue an under-graduation degree in any of the fields at the American University of the US under this scholarship. In this scholarship, the work done by the students in their respected countries is seen like what they have done for underprivileged and under-resourced communities of their country. Only 1 student will get the scholarship.
AU EGL covers what expenses of the students
- The AU EGL scholarship is being continued for the period of 4 years on one condition if the student is continuously performing well in his course.
- The scholarship includes expenses like tuition fee, room rent but doesn’t cover the expenses which are non-billable like health insurance, flight tickets etc.
Tata Scholarships for Cornell University
This scholarship program works in collaboration with Cornell University in which the Tata Education and Development Trust give a check of $25 million to help financially challenged studious students. Under this scholarship, the students can pursue only undergraduate courses at Cornell University. 20 students will get the scholarship.