Canada is now the homeland for several hard-working international students. This multicultural country is quite safe. Canadian student fee is less compared to other foreign nations. The placement rate is also good provided a student joins any of the best ranking colleges in Canada. Studying in the colleges in Canada is associated with top benefits, which include:
- World-class education
- Numerous working opportunities
- The colleges in Canada offer latest technologies and classy facilities. United Nations certifies Canada as one of the top places for students.
- Canada uses a large amount of money for education compared to average Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development country (OECD). Canada is the second greatest education spender among the G8 nations.
Listed below are the significant scholarship programs in Canada that International students are mainly keen to avail:
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program – Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, DFAI
This Scholarship is awarded to Graduate Students Exchanges or GSEP from Canadian institutions for five to six months. It gives up to $10,000.
- Canada Asia-Pacific Awards – Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, DFAIT
CAPA is for scholars in universities or research institutes from the Asia-Pacific Zone.
- Professional Development Awards, PDA – International Development Research Centre, IDRC
It is given to students from developing countries with a Ph.D., Master’s, Post-Doctoral and work experience.
- Doctoral Student Research Award, DSRA – Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, DFAIT
This scholarship is given to international students attending colleges in Canada in full graduate programs.
- International Research Linkages – Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, DFAIT
The International Council for Canadian Studies from the Government of Canada funds gives scholarships worth $ 10,000.
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship – Government of Canada
For students attending colleges in Canada, it gives up to $70,000 every year.
- Industrial Postgraduate Scholarships Program – Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, NSERC
It offers up to $15,000 for each year for three years, and $6,000 every year, from the participating organization. This aid is for extremely qualified engineering and science graduates.
- Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories Program – Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada NSERC
This one year fund is for engineers and scientists doing research with groups or leaders in Canadian govt. Labs and research. There is a renewal opportunity for a second and third year.
- Sauvé Scholars Program – Jeanne Sauvé Youth Foundation
This nine-month scholarship is for talented students from the 23 and 31 age group.
Here is a table with the scholarships and the ten Best Ranking colleges in Canada for your help:
|1.||Humber College||Resume-able total or half scholarships. Fresh international students from September or January annually.|
|International students with the great academic record, studying at York University. $60,000 to $100,000 four years degree study.|
|3.||University of British Columbia||For academic-based international students, offers greater than $10 million CAD annually, scholarships and various funds to help international undergraduates.|
|4.||Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation||Developing world students, in doctoral course social sciences, humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year, at Canadian universities. Yearly $60,000 for each scholar up to 3 years.|
|5.||University of Calgary||Full/partial scholarships international students. $1,000 to $40,000 for diverse fields.|
|6.||Carleton University||International Student. Partial $4,000 to $16,000, excellent students. Admission average percentage 80% or above|
|7.||Vanier Canada||Extremely skilled Ph.D. students, or mixed MA, Ph.D. or MD, Ph.D. in involved Canadian Universities. $50,000 annually for three years.|
|8.||University of Manitoba||Academic-based, registered international students, graduate, Masters, Ph.D. program at the University of Manitoba. $18,000 to Ph.D. students, or $14,000 to Master’s, twelve month time.|
|9.||University of Waterloo||Eligible international students in a research type master’s or Ph.D. $1,960 each term for two years Master’s or $3,920 each term, three years Ph.D.|
|10||International leader of tomorrow||For international undergraduate students, recognized achievements required.|
Scholarships Requirements for Colleges in Canada
- Letter of recommendation from your school or college teachers.
- Transcripts or Grade record, a list of the courses needed and honors or degrees you were given. These must be given by the schools and colleges you studied.
- Personal Statement is an exquisite essay about yourself!
- Prepare for a competent interview with all your verbal skills and more!
Well, isn’t it easy to get a scholarship in colleges in Canada and Canadian universities? Check for deadlines and other requirements. However ensure that you apply only in best ranking colleges in Canada for Placement and scholarship opportunities. Be strong, intelligent and smile during your interview.
Your Turn Now- Do you have experience of any other college in Canada which can offer great assistance in campus work opportunity, placement or scholarship? If so, please share same with our readers in comments below
Related Read- Check list to identify Best college for Study in Canada