Extension of Canada Open Work Permit Pilot Program for Sponsored Spouses and Partners
Canada, 15th December: Extension of Canada open work permit pilot program for sponsored spouses and partners has been announced.
That’s the latest official news.
Extension of Canada open work permit pilot program for sponsored spouses and partners— Extension of Canada open work permit pilot program for sponsored spouses and partners is official. Canada government announced this extension for those applying for Canadian immigration.
“ Canada has announced extension of its open work permit pilot program for sponsored spouses and partners in Canada. “
Canada government announced this extension on 7th December, 2016. It will be extended until 21st December, 2017. It was all set to end on 22nd December, 2016. Its the second time that Canada government is extending such a favorite immigration program.
Canada open work permit pilot program—This was launched by Canada in 2014. It enables spouses and partners(common-law) of Canada citizens and Canada permanent residents currently being sponsored on Canada permanent residence application through SCLPC(Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada) Class to work in Canada during application process.
So, spouses and partners currently being sponsored from inside Canada can continue to work until any further decision on their application is made.
Application process—see the details here—
- Application for spousal sponsorship can be made either from outside Canada(Outland Sponsorship) or from inside Canada(inland Sponsorship).
- Inland sponsorship route means sponsored spouses/partner can get an Open Work Permit and work in Canada for any employer.
- Those wanting to get sponsored through Inland Sponsorship need to have valid status in Canada(as a visitor/temporary worker/student) when Canada permanent residence application is submitted.
Improvements in Canada Family Reunification Process—IRCC(Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) has maintained that Family Reunification is an immigration priority for Canada government. Canada government has decided to half the processing times for Family Class applications. These include application through SCLPC Class.
For applications to Family Class immigration programs, processing times of 12 months are projected, informed Canada immigration minister John McCallum. It will benefit nearly 64,000 spouses to be admitted to Canada in 2017, he clarified. People do better when they are with their families than when being isolated, he maintained.
Eligibility for Getting Canada open work permit—
- One must have a have a valid temporary resident status(as a student, worker, or visitor)
- Must live at the same Canadian address as the sponsor.