Is US on your cards? Have you been planning to get a US business visa (B1 Visa) for yourself? Where there is a will, there is a way – here we would take you through the detailed process for acquiring US B1 Visa for yourself.
Many people aspire to fulfill their dreams by moving to another country than pursuing them in their home country. The most sought after country remains to be US since forever. With the passage of time, the procedures have been put in place and simplified as well for the overall welfare of the country on the whole.
We all know that moving to a new country demands a whole set of formalities to be carried out and the appropriate visas acquired. A minor mistake can shatter your dreams of starting your own business in a country of your dreams. Considering the long procedures for acquiring a US business visa (B1 Visa), it is always recommended to gather whatever information you can and then only filter it in accordance with the requirements.
This detailed write-up will definitely help you in your preliminary preparations for getting yourself a US business visa (B1 Visa) in the first go itself.
The US Business Visa is termed as the B1 Visa that is specifically for business purposes i.e. for all those individuals who are willing to visit US for a short duration for business related requirements.
What is included in business here?
As per the immigration law, the term “business” here includes:
- Attending professional meetings
- Consulting with business associates
- Engaging in negotiations relevant to your business
- Procuring orders for goods that have been or are produced and situated outside the US
- Visiting to attend some scientific, professional, educational or business conference
- Conducting research for starting a business in the United States
- Settling an estate
- Short term training participation
- Deadheading – certain air crew might be allowed to enter the US as deadhead crew with B1 Visa
Only those who comply with the below mentioned criteria are eligible for the US B1 Visa:
- The B1 non immigrant visa is not meant for long term activity or extended travel and has to be for a specific short duration
- The ideal duration is determined depending on the actual time required to accomplish the task at hand however the admissible initial period is of 6 months
- Documentary and other related evidence that you would be able to cover all your expenses during your entire stay in US is mandatory
- A surety that you have all the valid reasons to go back to your country of residence and won’t stay back in the US
- You cannot, in anyway, be employed or hired during your stay i.e. you cannot earn by being employed by another employee in the United States
- You should be otherwise admissible to enter the US
Applying for US B1 Visa
It is indispensable to comply and follow all that is mentioned in the detailed process provided under the relevant law and provisions of the USCIS. Mae sure to assess yourself on the below mentioned points before initiating your B1 visa application:
- Any kind of arrest and/or criminal conviction or medical disentitlement or any entry denials or deportation from the US should be supported with relevant evidence to clarify on your situation for the same
- In case you fall in the age group 14-79 then the visa application needs to be compulsorily submitted in person at the US embassy however those who fall under the other age groups can in certain cases be allowed to submit the application through courier only
- Completion of the Form DS-160 online
- Gathering all the required documents
- Digital Photograph
- Business Visa Application (Form DS160)
- US Business Visa (B1 Visa)Fees
- Appointment for Interview
- Digital Photograph
Digital photograph of each and every applicant is required along with the individual application forms.
2. Business Visa Application (Form DS160)
The applicant should complete the online application Form DS-160 in order to proceed further. Make sure that all the details are filled carefully without any scope for mistake. Once the form is filled and submitted, the applicant would receive a confirmation with a 10-digit barcode that needs to be kept safe for you to book your interview appointment.
Things to remember:
- It can take around 15-40 minutes to completely fill the online application form
- Have all your documents and information available with you before starting to fill the form
- Make sure that your internet connection works at a good speed without any interruptions
- Fill the form carefully with correct information; even a small mistake can result in denial of a visa
- Do not forget to review the information provided in the form before finally submitting it to ensure that no mistakes go unnoticed
- All the mandatory fields need to be filled however if you are not sure about the optional fields then it is better to leave them blank rather than inviting unnecessary trouble
3. Business Visa Fees
Once the Form DS-160 has been successfully submitted, the applicant needs to pay the business visa application fees online.
Things to remember:
- The fees paid is valid for a period of one year from the date it has been paid
- It is better to create a profile at US visa service center in advance and select the schedule an appointment option since from there, you would be directly taken to the payment options
- One needs to take an interview within the one year period for which the fees paid would be valid
4. Appointment for Interview
The interview process for USA Business Visa is divided into two parts – the first part needs the applicant to visit any of the Offsite Facilitation Centers (OFCs) or Visa Application Centers (VAC) to provide their biometrics information i.e. fingerprinting, photograph etc. and the second part is the personal interview appointment with the Consulate or Embassy.
What you need for taking an interview appointment for US Business Visa?
- Minimum 6 months passport validity beyond the intended duration of stay
- Receipt of Business visa fees paid
- Confirmation of completion of Form DS-160
- Email address
Fingerprinting at Visa Application Center (VAC)
It is better to take a date 2-3 days prior to your final interview with the Consulate, for the biometrics appointment since this helps in speeding up the process. This process of taking the applicants’ biometrics information is also known as “BioVisa” program.
Personal Interview at US Consulate
The final step is the personal interview at the designated US Consulate wherein you should mandatorily carry all the required documents. A shortfall in any pre-requisite can result in an undesirable delay or even denial of visa.
What you need to carry along for your personal visa interview for US Business Visa?
- Valid passport
- Your latest photograph (the one uploaded in the online form DS-160)
- Confirmation page with the 10-digit barcode of successful submission of online of form DS-160
- Receipt of visa application fees paid
- Visa interview appointment letter
- Petition related documents, if applicable
- Any other documents, as required on the nature of your application and visa
We wish you a successful US Business Visa (B1 Visa) processing and approval.
Related Read- US Immigration Visa Process- Hw to file petition?