Few tips to equip to face IELTS Canada test.
There are four small sections in an IELTS test and the first thing that you need to do is identify the sections of the IELTS test in which you have better command and which are the ones you are weak in. After you have successfully identified your weaknesses, you need to spend more time on sections you find tough. In the process of improving in sections you find tough, do not forget to do practice on your stronger sections as well.
IELTS Listening test- The IELTS Listening test comprises of three different sections with an aggregate of 40 questions. In this test, you will be required to hear a conversation of few people (one to four) and instantly catch and reproduce the right word.
What can help you in IELTS Listening test?
1. Attentively watch and listen English news, talk shows and English movies. While doing so, concentrate hard to understand the conversations.
2. Get for yourself some sample test cassettes and CDS of IELTS and practice hard with them.
3. If, during a test, you missed some answer, do not think of it and just move forward with greater concentration.
IELTS Speaking test- This is nothing more than a polite interview which lasts for not more than fifteen minutes. Firstly, you will be asked to introduce yourself, your hobbies, place where you live, etc. After this, you will be asked to speak for about two minutes on a given topic. After you have completed you speech, the examiner will ask some questions related to the topic.
What can help you in IELTS Speaking test?
1. Try to do your day-to-day talks in English and improve your pronunciation and accent by copying English movies.
2. Speak with confidence in front of the examiner even if you know what you are speaking in wrong.
IELTS Reading test- This section is not same for IELTS General Training and Academic papers, as IELTS Academic reading test comprises of tougher reading paragraphs and questions.
What can help you in IELTS Reading test?
1. Solve as many practice tests as possible to manage your time as time limitation is a major problem for this section.
2. Read the answers before reading the paragraphs.
3. Do not give a through reading to the paragraph, just give a little glance to it and relate to questions.
IELTS Writing test- This is the toughest test and comprises of two sections. For General Training, there is an essay and a letter to be done, whereas for Academic there is an essay and a geographical report to be done. You have to do both in one hour.
What can help you in IELTS Writing test?
1. Start doing the essay first spending forty minutes on it.
2. Learn some stock phrases for the letter or report and use them effectively.