Updated Australia Skilled Occupation List, changes to skilled migration points test revealed
Australia, 10th June: The new updated Skilled Occupation List for Australia has been released by Australian immigration department for the current year.
n addition, the DIAC (Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship) has also revealed some vital details with regard to the new skilled migration points test.
The DIAC said the details for the skilled points test will be announced on 1st July this year.
Changes to the new SOL--The new SOL (Skilled Occupation List) will have a total of 13 new skills added while 4 occupations have been axed from the new list. The new SOL has been formulated in accordance with the advice received by experts of Skills Australia.
The changed SOL for the current year includes a total of 192 occupations categorized under high value.
Occupations added in the changed SOL are in the following sectors—
• Construction and ship building;
• Health and safety;
Occupations slashed from the updated SOL are as follows—
• Vehicle painter;
• Panel beater.
Changes to the SOL will come into effect on 1st July 2011 onwards, the Australian immigration department has maintained.
These changes will be applicable to all applicants for Australian visas in the category of unsponsored or independent skilled migration who submit their applications either on 1st July or afterwards.
However, all applications having eligibility for transitional arrangements will be excluded from such rules.
Changes to new Australian skilled migration points test—New details added to the skilled migration points test of Australia by Australian immigration department (DIAC) are listed below—
• New additions as well as deletions to the Schedule 3 of SOL;
• A new rule has been introduced for giving qualification points once qualification get recognition by the concerned authority;
• A change has been introduced in the way points for work experience are awarded;
• All applicants will be required to provide IELTS test results while submitting Australian visa applications;
• Status of Australian subclass 176(Australian Skilled-Family Sponsored) visa;
• Recognizing educational degrees not related to nominated occupation. Australian skilled migration points test is the criteria based on which selected skilled workers are allowed to come to Australia under Australian skilled visas.
Both the changed SOL as well as new skilled migration points test will come into effect on 1st July 2011 onwards.