Tips for getting a job in Australia
Australia, 19th January: Do you want to get a job in Australia and want to live there? Let us know how you can do so-
Immigrating to Australia might be the dream of many of us. But, the fact is that moving to Australia is going to be a difficult task especially as the recent report has revealed a huge backlog of Australian skilled worker visa applications submitted by applicants as long as nearly two years ago in the Australian immigration department.
Nonetheless, if you are bent on beginning life afresh in Australia by getting an employment and an employer-sponsored Australian visa, then the following tips will prove to be of great help for you---
• Watch out the SOL—The SOL (Skilled Occupation Lists) can help you in knowing the skills in great demand in Australia. Hence, you must study these lists carefully to secure a job in Australia along with an employer-sponsored visa.
• Find employers looking to hire immigrants—The best way to get a job in Australia even before immigrating there is to find an employer in search of prospective immigrants for work in Australia. You can go online to find the prospective employers in Australia in your related field. However, make sure to look at various details of the concerned company before applying for a job in Australia.
• Browse advertised vacancies—Search websites of regional and national Australian publications and newspapers through the internet and look for jobs in your chosen field of expertise to find the vacant positions in Australia.
• Personalize your correspondence with targeted employers—Take time to write a personalized letter to the concerned recruiter or the company manager in Australia and don’t forget to mention a few things about the concerned company that you have learnt by studying the company details.
• Follow up on your correspondence—Contacting the potential employer through personalized letter is as important as a follow up with them. A follow up can be through a phone call or a letter and provide details of the reasons you want to undertake the concerned job. Also, reveal that a feedback will be welcomed by you.
• Preparation for interview and asking for a job—Make a list of questions you might be asked in your interview by your potential employer and see how to give personalized answers to such questions(like your strengths, your qualifications etc.). Of course, you should express clearly that you look forward to become a part of the firm in the coming times.