Government has announced changes in Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Some of these changes are effective from the current date itself.
Important changes are:
• Introduction of Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA): This program has been brought in place of Labor Market Opinion. The test taken to clear this program is considered to be tougher than others.
• Introduction of International Mobility Program (IMP): This program exempts those who aim at contributing to the economic and cultural growth of the country.
Important changes through IMP
Those who want to hire foreign workers through IMP would be needed to submit the offer for job and other relevant documents with CIC before the foreign worker is asked to come and join them.
• Employers would also be required to submit details about number of Canadians and permanent workers who applied for the same job. This makes the task of giving preference to Canadians by the employers.
• Employers would have to submit a plan to display how they will encourage the employment of citizens and permanent residents of the country. This is mandatory for any vacancy that is filled by a temporary foreign worker. Later, they will have to prove that eventually the vacancies were filled by citizens and permanent residents.
• They will have to make plans for establishing, training and providing various kinds of facilities to citizens and permanent residents of the country. This is gain to ensure that jobs are not made available to temporary foreign workers ignoring the local population.
• Such a plan would also including giving respectable wage to the workers, giving them health care and many other facilities that are important for living a comfortable life.
• However, the transition process can be completed by offering a job to a temporary worker so that he becomes a permanent resident. Along with this, the entire range of facilities for this worker would also be increased.
• This can be done by providing training to existing foreign worker for upgrading his skills and hence play a successful role in the new job provided to him.
• Strict penalty will be laid for those employers who do not meet the requirement and skip any of the rules or regulations.
• A compliance fee of $230 would be charged from the employers for processing the applications.
• Those foreign workers, who apply under the category of non-employer specific, would have to submit a privilege fee of $100. This would be paid along with work permit application fee.
• IMP would experience more changes by the summer of next year.
Temporary Foreign Worker Program has been reviewed with an aim of giving dues to the citizens and permanent residents of the country. Employers who have been hiring foreign workers without offering a job opening to the locals are now into a fix because noose has been tightened on them. They will have to meet a series of requirement before they actually fill up a vacancy to someone who is actually not a part of Canada.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 30, 2015 0
Jul 23, 2015 0