The tarnished picture of UK Universities leaves students in dilemma
UK Universities lose trust among international students
The disaster at London Metropolitan University has wrecked the dirt of UK Immigration process which questions the system at all tiers.
The issue has to be studied right from the bottom rather than only judging the mismanagement at the surface.
• The visa process is in the hands of many private agencies that have no interest in course curriculum, country’s reputation, students’ future or anything else for that matter. All they understand is the language of making money by sending international students to any of the colleges and universities of UK.
• The second in line is the tie-up between the private colleges and universities. This is quite obnoxious to see that students attend classes in private colleges and are awarded degrees of a reputed university. This is nothing but money game again.
• It is another amazing and shocking fact that quite of a lot business management courses are designed keeping the international takers in mind. No quality is maintained; in fact dissertations are all prepared by someone else and submitted by someone else.
• The standard of course curriculum, the teaching methodology and evaluation patter all have to be brought under scanner.
• There are students walking away with management coursed who cannot even speak a few lines of English.
International students comprise only 10% of the student population in UK Universities but they contribute about 40% of the revenue generated by these universities.
The recent row on LMU puts forth a lot many questions before the law makers and the administration of the nation. When it comes to becoming tougher the government makes all possible announcements but when the implementation takes a back seat.
The students enrolled at LMU are stuck and are not able to find ways to rescue themselves. There are bright ones too who really deserve better than the rest.
As it is the popularity of UK in the field of education has been dimmed in the recent past. The country is supposedly not able to handle the issue of “racial discrimination” and now with the “merck” being disclosed at the universities and colleges has added to the downfall.
People are not sure about the standards of education imparted. New students are feeling shaky to enroll themselves even in the genuine colleges and universities of the country too.