An employer in Canada must be aware of the recent changes made in Temporary Foreign Worker program. Those who are likely to depend on foreign labor force and have been hiring workers from foreign lands should know the changes in the hiring process. To be more precise they need to learn the alterations brought in Labor Market Opinion process.
Announcing the changes
The changes were announced by Jason Kenney, Minister of employment and Social Development and Multiculturalism and also by Chris Alexander, Immigration Minister. They said the changes are brought keeping the Canadians in mind as Government wants the employers to fill up the vacancies first and then the remaining ones should be offered to the foreign workers.
Jason Kenney says, “The priority is to create jobs, economic growth and long term prosperity.”
He assures that the actions are taken to give first priority to the Indians for getting a job.
It is also ensured that foreign workers are neither abused nor exploited by Canadian employers.
The major steps to be taken by the Government
• Government gets the authority to carry on with inspections to see if employers are meeting the conditions or not.
• Any employer not complying with the rules and regulations would be banned for two years from being a part of the program and their names would appear in the black list too.
• The criteria for LMO have been made stronger than before.
• Government is authorized to revoke or refuse LMO to an employer.
The important changes are mentioned below:
• A new Form has been introduced on 31st December, 2013. The new form asks for an additional employer’s attestation to confirm that the employer would comply with the rules and regulations of the program.
• Employers should maintain a record for six years pertaining to LMO or work permit apparition. They have to show the evidence of making n advertisement about the job openings to the locals first and then only can they move on to foreign labor market.
• An employer will have to be prepared with every document that shows his compliance with the regulations.
• He should be prepared to face any inspection at any point of time without even getting a prior intimation or the government official holding a warrant absent him.
• He can be asked to report to an office for verification process and will need to answer to any of the questions which agreement for verification.
• He will be penalized for not maintaining the regulations.
Large number of employers has been found to giving priority to foreign workers for the reason they are available at a cheaper rate than the Canadians. And therefore, in many cases the advertisements are not even published leave alone giving priority to the local population. Now, the Government has tightened hands on such employers who have been defying regulations and have been doing things at their wish. Government is committed to be fair to the citizens of the country and also to protect the rights of foreign workers at the same time.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Jun 25, 2015 0
Jun 18, 2015 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 06, 2015 0