Skilled Worker immigration halted
The process of immigration fro skilled workers has been on hold
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has brought in new changes in the Immigration procedure and criteria too. The selection procedure has also been changed.
The applicants have to meet tougher criteria which might be good news for many while it gives a tough time to those who do not meet the criteria.
As a matter of giving time for the changes to settle down the immigration process has been put on hold.
Changes in Federal Skilled Worker system includes the following
• Language proficiency has been emphasized. An applicant with a sound knowledge of English or French will get a good score over the other who does not. In fact, they might not be considered.
• The degrees of applicants will be cross verified and checked against the standards of Canadian education system.
• Immigrants with Work experience in Canada will be given more experience than others.
• Young immigrants in the age of 18-35 will get more preference rather strong preference. Those above 45 will get a zero score in this category.
• The application process would be simple and transparent so that frauds are curbed and people can apply even on their own.
The Department announces that the changes are made after doing an extensive research and findings related to immigration.
The Department also announces that the education earned by the applicants will be scrutinized against Canadian standards but even if one gets a good score in this category, it does not mean that an immigrant will get to work in regulated occupation.
This would help the immigrants to choose a job in their own field. Till now, an immigrant would rarely get a job of his expertise due to either non availability or some other reason. He had to settle down with any available work to survive him. So the new requirement will help the immigrants to work in a field of their choice.
Candidates with arranged employment and with PhD approvals will get a visa clearance in no time.
However, those who do not have either of these facilities will see their applications on hold for some time.
Immigration Minister, Jason Kenney informs, “The new skilled worker program will be limited in numbers but won’t be limited to particular occupations- the likely outcome is an overall cap or limit the number of applications that will be accepted for assessment.”
Government has assured that the effort is to make the immigration process faster than before so that is more reliable and free from any frauds.