Skill Assessment before Immigrating to Australia
Before Migrating to Australia Skill Assessment is important
People interested in immigrating to Australia, can take an assessment of their skills and evaluate their own status of getting a Visa for moving to Australia.
Requirement for Skill Assessment
• You must nominate an occupation under which you intend to make an application. There is a Skilled Occupation List (SOL) which can help you to select an occupation from there.
• While you are applying for General Skilled Migration, you will be required to submit a proof that your skills have been assessed for a given occupation and the authority issuing the evidence to you is an authorized one.
The Assessing Authority
For every occupation, there is a list of relevant assessing authority that can assess your skills. Reaching a relevant and genuine authority is quite important otherwise even if you get the assessment done; it would not be holding any significance to get your visa clear.
Getting the Skills Assessed
The first and foremost requirement needed by the authority is that the applicant holds a degree from post-secondary institution which is equivalent to a university or trade. This will give your skill a positive aspect.
If you hold a relevant work experience it will add to your strengths. The Authority would certainly inform you the kind of requirements which would be entertained by them. Also, the important point is that a particular date is valid for every skill assessment. So, you need to ensure that you don’t submit a “Skill Assessment Report” which is beyond the given date.
You have the flexibility of applying for more than one skill assessment so that you know your chances even better. However, once you apply for migration you have to stick to one category or occupation only.
Documents to be attached
• A certified copy of positive skills assessment has to be submitted along with the migration form filled in all aspects.
• A certified copy of post-secondary qualifications should be attached.
• A certified copy of the work experience if any should also be submitted.
Role of Assessing Authority
The Assessing Authority can evaluate your skills for meeting the purpose of migration. You need to understand that they are not responsible for proving you any information related to employment or job placement. They are also not responsible for giving you any suggestions or information on “point allocation”.
An applicant must meet all the requirements of getting the skills assessed and then apply for migrating to Australia.