When you plan to come to Canada, making the selection of immigration stream should be the first step. This is one step which would help you process your form faster, get settled in the country better and integrate with the culture smoothly.
The importance of making the right choice
An aspiring immigrant is always prepared to spend a large amount of money and time on doing a research to choose the best possible stream. They have to make a thorough study on the legal aspects so that they can succeed in getting their applications processed.
Taking help of an immigration representative
You can take support from the following agencies:
• Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC)
• Immigration and Refugees Board of Canada
• Canada Border Services Agency
• Lawyers and paralegals provided they hold a membership of a province or territory in Canada.
• Notaries and Immigration Consultants who are authorized can also help.
• You can also seek support from a paid authority that will take up all the research and initialize the application process on your behalf.
• Support can be taken from even family members, friends and other groups who hold an experience in the field and can be trusted upon.
All the above mentioned agencies and individuals will help you to evaluate your credentials, your skills and experience and guide you accordingly for choosing the right stream.
Being second largest country in the world, it has 10 provinces and 3 territories.
Federal Programs have been the main source of attracting the immigrants; however, the programs offered by various provinces also mark a good beginning for the potential immigrants. The provinces run these programs in the name of Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
The advantage of PNP
These programs are designed according to the need of a province’s labour demand and hence can help an applicant to choose pick the right kind of stream. Such a vacancy could help the applicant and the labour need to meet with each other yielding mutual benefits.
Right of nominating immigrants
Quebec has been authorized to select immigrants on its own. The other provinces are given he right of nominating them and year after year this right is growing in volume.
The number of permanent residents is also growing in the provinces year after year.
The benefit of decentralizing
The biggest advantage of decentralizing the immigrant nomination is that the processing delay is minimized and the labor market demands are filled at a faster rate. The wait for the immigrants can get shorter if they apply for a PNP.
While you have made an application under PNP, you may also get qualified for temporary work permit, whereas the other application is still under process.