Requirements of getting a Work Permit
Application for Work Permit need to be done carefully
Almost a lakh of foreign workers come to the nation to work for various occupations and sectors. But to enter the nation either an immigrant needs an offer letter from an Employer in Canada or they need to get a “Temporary work permit” from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Eligibility for making an application
• You will have to assure the Officials that you leave the country after your work permit expires.
• Financially you are strong enough to help yourself and look after your family. You will also have to prove that you have enough money to return back to your home country.
• You will work in Canada only if you are authorized to do so.
• You should not hold any kind of risk to the country.
• You will have to prove through a Medical Exam that you are fit enough.
A valid passport is needed along with the travel documents. Every member of your family who is accompanying you will be needed to submit the same. However, those coming from United States, Greenland and few more countries would not be required to submit these documents.
If you have already been offered a job from an employer, you need to submit a copy of the offer letter.
Qualification related documents
You will have to submit documents which will prove your qualification in terms of education and job both.
Confirmation from HRDSC
Your employer might be asked to submit a confirmation from Human resource and Kills Development Canada from where you will be provided a file identifier number.
Making the application
• Temporary work permit can be downloaded from the site or it can be procured from Canadian Embassy or Consulate or Commission.
• Before paying the “processing fee” read the rules and regulations carefully to find out if you are eligible or not. Else, processing fee once submitted will not be refunded back.
• All the required documents need to be submitted along with the form otherwise it may stand cancelled.
• Make sure that you obtain and preserve the receipt of the payment you make against processing fee.
If you are undergoing a medical exam, then the processing time may take longer than 6 months, otherwise in case of no medical exam, the processing can be completed within 6 months too.
It is very important that you read the instructions and guidelines carefully before proceeding ahead with the application.