The pros and cons of getting married while on “Travel Visa”
Understand the issues of getting married while on travel visa
You must have come across cases when people travel to a country and while they are on “travel visa” they get married. Sometimes, it happens unintentionally like one goes to a place like Canada or USA with complete intention of spending some time and get refreshed, meanwhile they fall in love and then decides to marry a person.
The other case could be that the lover or the fiance is there in Canada and then one gets Travel Visa, move there and get married. Sometimes, people return back to their home countries and sometimes, they get their travel visa converted to “Permanent residency status”. Even when this is done the spouse and the couple has to prove that they had all intentions of moving back to their home country but could not due to unavoidable circumstances.
The various aspects of getting married while on “Travel Visa”
• There is every possibility that your Travel visa will get converted into “Permanent resident status” but you should not have any “previous criminal record, you should bear a sound health or you should not have been banned from doing anything.”
• If you plan to obtain “permanent residency status” then your spouse cannot return back to his or her home country until they receive “Green Card”.
• The immigration needs to be started from beginning which will include filing all the papers required for “Spouse visa”.
• Be truthful to the Border Services Officials because there is every possibility that your baggage will be checked to verify your answers. If yours answers are not satisfying enough then you will be sent back to your home country.
• Avoid playing any trick and taking help of any fraud measures.
• In order to prove that you have every intentions of returning back to your country, you may have to submit a letter from your employer and give all possible written documents to prove that you’re returning back to your country after the given span of time. You may have to show them a return ticket too.
• Understand the blues of settling down in new country wherein you’ll have to leave behind all your old possessions. Mentally it might take a toll on you.
There are ways to get married while you’re on “Travel Visa” but be careful in whatever you do; if you’re caught you may have to face serious consequences.