An immigrant can move to Canada through various categories. He can enter as a student to pursue higher studies or you may enter as a skilled labor or you may even enter as low skilled labor too. For all this, the process takes a long time and it starts with submitting papers. Once your date of interview is decided you would be appearing for an interview and this will decide whether you would actually move to Canada or not. The entire process may get completed in a few months’ time and it may take even years to get the process completed.
There is one category which takes less of time for the processing to be done, but the applicants under this category should have enough funds to start a business in Canada. This category of immigrants is regarded as “Immigrant Investors”.
Requirements to apply under this category
You are eligible to apply under this category if you can invest a minimum of C$800,000. You also need to possess an experience of running a business worth C$1,600,000 for a minimum period of two years. You should also score good points on selection grid to qualify for this category.
Kind of questions you may be asked under Immigrant Investor Category
Once you apply as an Immigrant investor there would be a series of questions thrown upon you, which will call for a thorough preparation from your end.
• The first and foremost they would ask you would be your personal and family details.
• You will be asked about your business experience in home country.
• There would be questions pertaining to your plans you wish to move ahead with and the scope of the business in your own country.
• If you satisfy the visa authority with your answers then they will try to understand the fall back options in case your business does not work out well.
• You can also expect questions on the kind of employment your business will create for the existing Canadians.
• There would be questions to gauge your knowledge about Canada in totality, the market demand of the nation and many other perspectives of Canadian economy which can be closer to your business.
Visa authorities will always be happy to hear practical and ambitious plan from you as immigrant investors are observed as an asset to the country.