Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) has been announced recently by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
The new FSTP program would accept and admit as many as 3,000 permanent residents in this year itself.
Criteria for the Applicants to Meet
• The Applicants should meet the Canadian Language Benchmark Criteria (CLB) 5 level both for listening and speaking. They also have to meet CLB 4 for reading and writing in any of the two official languages, that is either English or French, then only can they apply for the mentioned program.
• The Department would accept the English results provided by either Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) and or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
• An applicant should hold a minimum of two years of work experience in full time in one of the skill trades which are accepted by the Department.
• The applicant should hold a Certificate of Qualification or an offer of job from a minimum number of two employers in Canada wherein a yearlong full time job should be ensured.
• There is no requirement of post-secondary education to be held by the Applicant and also the language requirements are simpler than the other categories.
The growing demand of such programs in the country
The country has most of its population in the aging category. So, soon there is a possibility that the various industries would experience a huge labor demand which probably would be difficult to be filled by native population. Hence, Government has a fair option of coming up with such programs which would make things easier for the immigrants and also the Employers in the country.
The Appreciation for the Program
Leaders of various industries have welcomed the program as they observe it as a “sound solution” for the growing and pressing labor demand in the country.
The leaders have appreciated the effort as they feel that with the growing economy of the country, the labor demand needs to be met on time so that the incumbent labors could add positively to the economy of the nation.
The launching of the program in the early days of the year has been appreciated by all corners.
The program seems to be bringing relief to the Employers in the country.