This has been revealed by Canada immigration minister Jason Kenney.
Canada’s fast-track immigration for skilled trade foreigners—With effect from 2nd January, 2013, Canada will start its new skilled trades immigration program for welcoming foreign skilled trades people. This will be done by launching a new immigration stream for coming to Canada, stated Kenney.
Canada is going to start a new immigration program from January 2013 for skilled trades foreign workers. It will allow fast-track immigration to skilled foreign workers in high demand in Canada.
Speaking about the new skilled immigration stream by Canada immigration department CIC(Citizenship and Immigration Canada), Kenney said immigration process of Canada has been almost closed to skilled foreigners in high demand in the nation.
Hence, the new skilled trades immigration stream will facilitate Canada in addressing the growing shortage of workforce in different regions of the nation leading to economic growth, Kenney quipped.
Canada’s new immigration system will work not only for the betterment of Canadian economy but also for the newcomers, added Kenney.
The changes were overdue for quite long time and will work towards making immigration system of Canada more fast and flexible, he clarified.
Which are the eligible occupations under Canada’s new skilled immigration program?—
Canada’s new immigration program for skilled trades people will be meant for fast-track entry of—
• Heavy-duty equipment mechanics;
• Transportation jobs;
• Other skilled trades people.
The full list for various skilled trades occupations will be announced shortly.
Requirements for new immigration program—
Applicants will be required to –
• Have an offer of job or employment in Canada or a qualification certificate from either a Canadian province or a Canadian territory for ensuring that applicants do get jobs after arriving in Canada;
• Fulfill a basic language criteria;
• Have at least two years work experience as a skilled trades person in order to make sure that the concerned applicant does have relevant and recent practice as a qualified journeyman;
• Possess experience and skills matching those laid out in NOC B(National Occupational Classification) system giving a proof of having performed required duties of the occupation.
Canada to admit 3000 foreign skilled trades people—Canada will be allowing 3,000 skilled trades people in the first year of the launch of its new immigration program. This will ensure that processing times are kept to a minimum.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Jun 25, 2015 0
Jun 18, 2015 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 06, 2015 0