Well, immigrant students aspiring to study in Canada university can save money by following a few basic money saving tips.
Money saving guide for Canada university students—For most of immigrant students pursuing or aspiring to study in Canada, saving money is one of the major issues. So, here we will discuss the issue in detail to help immigrant students concentrate on their studies by knowing how to save their finances.
Top tips for saving money for university students in Canada—
• Saving expenditure on food—Saving money on food is vital if you want to save your expenditure as an immigrant student. For this, immigrant students can do a price comparison to choose what is the best option-i.e. going for ready meals, buying from larger supermarkets or buying fresh products from local markets. Moreover, you can always explore the option of sharing the expenses of food shopping with other flatmates.
• Less expenditure on textbooks—Don’t just spend too much of your student loan on buying books. Make a note of the books that are really needed to be bought and don’t buy those books which can be bought easily from the library.
• Buying used stuff—Whether its buying clothes, furniture or vehicles, students, especially immigrant students should consider the option of buying used stuff for saving finances.
You can always check on some discount used stores or websites involved in selling items at a much lower price than the original price.
• Student travel discounts—Do you know that as a student, you can use the facility of student travel discounts. These discounts are meant for getting local bus student passes(leading to cheaper bus tickets). And rather than going in a car, go for investing in a bike since it’s a cheaper option for students.
• Cut expenditure on cell phones—Cell phones/mobile phones are considered to be an easy device for staying connected and for studying too by students(especially immigrant students). However, using these devices can mean big monthly bills. So, its important to choose your cellphone plan carefully and getting the best bargain for your money
• Track your expenses—A simple yet an indispensable money saving tip is to keep a track on your monthly expenditure. For this, make use of an excel spreadsheet or using a budgeting app.