Young Immigrants are receiving support from Manitoba, in association with the Canadian Government. Manitoba invests monetary resources into training up these young immigrants so that they are better equipped to fit into a job profile.
Committed to promote youth
Minister of Canadian heritage and Official Languages announced that youth in the country would receive enough support from the Government to acquire the required skills and experience too.
The upcoming projects
Manitoba has taken up two projects which would be making the process of getting employment a smooth journey for as many as 140 youths in the country including the immigrants.
Workshops would be organized to teach adequate techniques related to job vacancies, teach them communication skills and also they would be made to understand the expectation of an employer here so that they can perform better.
Training would be imparted across various sectors like health care, trades, manufacturing, and even in the retail sector.
Various projects that has been taken up
• Government of Canada has taken up various projects like YES (Youth Employment Strategy) which has trained up more than 500,000 youths in the country in less than a decade’s time.
• Economic Action Plan 2014 is another major effort made by the Government wherein an investment of $100 million is to be made in a year’s time. This is again to strengthen and empower the youth in the country on a large scale.
• Very recently, Prime Minister Stephen Harper made an announcement for supporting the post-secondary graduates to get involved into paid internships. The aim of these internships would be to get these young people employed into various industries and make major contributions to the economic growth of the nation. The initiatives would help the MSEs to grow at a faster pace. The internships would be covering the training for as many as 3,000 post-secondary graduates and they would be trained in various areas like science, engineering, technology and many more.
• Internships would be made available through YEP (Youth Employment Program).
• Skill Link is another project through which young newcomers, single parents, people with disabilities are helped to improve upon their skills and get experienced in locating a new job for them.
• Through Career Focus post-secondary graduates are helped to get absorbed in the labor market.
Minister of State (Social development) says, “Top priority for the Government is to create jobs, maintain economic growth and long term prosperity. And this includes equipping the youth of the nation.”
Manitoba Minister of Labor and Immigration says, “Many newcomers have chosen Manitoba as their permanent home and hence an essential role has to be played in working with employers for hiring these new people.”
Manitoba and Canada are committed to empower the youth by developing their skills and hence contributing to the economic growth of the country. Various measures are being taken to ensure that those who come here form foreign lands and those who are already staying here do not face the issue of unemployment.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Jun 25, 2015 0
Jun 18, 2015 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 06, 2015 0