Manitoba offers loans to the Immigrants
Skilled Immigrants will be offered loan in Manitoba to settled down well
Manitoba, an Immigrant friendly Province brings another set of good news for the immigrants. Those who hold an experience of working in the professions like nurses, dentists and engineers will get an opportunity to practice their professions and get a re-certification. For all this the expenditure required can be loaned to the immigrants.
Features of the Micro Loans
• The program is a two year long one wherein a loan up to an amount of $10,000 can be rendered to the deserving immigrants. The repayment can start with a low amount of $10.
• The loan can be repaid within a period of 5 years.
• The loan amount will cover the cost of Career Action Plan which includes exam fees and other expenditures coming on the way.
• Repayment will start after 90 days of getting a job or after six months of finishing the Career Action Plan, whichever is the earliest.
• There is no loan processing fee; the interest levied on the repayment is only 2% which is fixed. And the immigrant applicant need not have a credit history in Manitoba.
Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister, Christine Melnick says, “The Province continues to be committed to help the skilled immigrants overcome the barriers coming their way. Manitoba will continue working on the initiatives to support internationally educated immigrants.”
Cindy Coker, Executive Director of Supporting Employment and economic Development (SEED) says, “We all know dentists, engineers or nurses who are driving cabs or cleaning offices so they can support their families.”
He also adds that, “This program helps ensure that immigrants who want to work in their chosen field can get the certification, upgrading or training they need to have their education and experience recognized here.”
Advantages of the plan
The loans will extend help to skilled immigrants by giving them an opportunity to settle down faster and smoother. They will not have to settle down for something lesser than what they deserve.
The Government has also announced that it will take every measure to meet the labor shortage and increase job growth as well as employment opportunity at all the Provinces of Canada, such a step is only a beginning.
The loans will prove to be a blessing for the immigrants arriving on the land of Manitoba.