While seeking help from an Immigration lawyer, consultant or representative the first thing you should confirm is whether the person is a member of Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney opines, “While most immigration consultants working in Canada are legitimate and ethical, it is clear that fraud remains a widespread threat to the integrity of Canada’s immigration system.”
He also proposes that Cracking Down on Crooked Consultants Act will provide protection to the immigrants and safeguard the system.
In case you face any issues with your consultant then you can read the following guidelines for lodging a complaint against them:
• Any representative breaking the law while representing your case, then they can be charged under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Criminal Code of Canada or the laws of the country where you reside.
• If the issues are related to Immigration then you can contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada or Canada Border Services Agency for getting required support.
• You can contact the local law enforcing agencies too.
• Ontario lawyers are regulated by Law Society of Upper Canada and this is where the complains can be lodged. Every complaint is assessed and reviewed here and actions are taken accordingly. Disciplinary actions are also taken against the miscreants. This office can be contacted at
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Osgood Hall, 130 Queen Street West,
• Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) also provides help in Immigration related issues. Any complaint can be lodged at this agency too. The options are available for lodging complaint against an RCIC member or even a non-member. Forms can be downloaded from the official website and can be submitted by filling it up the same. You can also call up at 1-877-836-7543 for lodging your complain and or speaking to an official.
It is always advisable to check the details of an Immigration consultant or lawyer or any other representative. The list of members is avail on the sites of various agencies.
There is an assurance from Immigration Ministry tat adequate actions will be taken against those who cheat the perspective immigrants, yet safety measures should always be taken at the end of Immigrants to avoid being cheated.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 30, 2015 0
Jul 23, 2015 0