There are multiple options to become a permanent resident and then come to Canada. When you reach here, there will be a series of adjustments and task you need to take up.
A permanent resident in Canada shares almost every right that is shared by a Citizen. Some of the categories to become a Canadian PR are
Skilled Worker immigrant class
Business Class Immigrants
Provincial Nominee Program
Family Class Immigration and a few more options are there.
Reaching the Country
Relocating to Canada could be a new life for you wherein you may come experience almost everything for the first time. You’re settling down will include looking for a house and could end up to looking for a job that can sustain you well on a foreign land.
Looking for a shelter
You will need a house to live in, initially you can take up a permanent house and then look for a permanent arrangement. While doing so you must note that the house rent would vary from area to area.
When you leave your house you must carry sufficient money to support yourself for the time being so that you can settle well.
You must carry a map of the city you are living in, a chart of bus route and emergency telephone numbers for moving around in the city.
Settling your family
If they have travelled along with you then you need to look for a school for your dependent children. You must be aware that since you have arrived as a PR, you can avail most of the facilities pertaining to health care.
Fluency in Language
You must either be learned or must learn any of the two official languages of the country so that your settling down process does not get hindered due to language barriers.
Looking for a job
This is a task you need to take up even before you arrive in Canada. Search on the official website for suitable job vacancy so that you can reach the correct employer.
Certain important tips for settling down faster
• Apply for Social insurance Number and Driver’s License as soon as you reach here. You must also open a Bank Account.
• Start with your application process for PR so that employers can feel confident in hiring you.
• Employers immigrants with a PR status because it gives them the strength to believe that an immigrant will stay in Canada for a longer period of time.
• When you are sending your resume to an employer in Canada remember to follow the style followed here in the country.
• While attending interviews reflect a positive attitude and avoid negotiation too high or being too rigid about your demands.
• You must be aware of your rights as an employee so that you are not exploited.
There are quite a few parameters for settling down in Canada after reaching here as Permanent resident. All you need to do is to read they process and prepare a plan to integrate with Canadian society.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 30, 2015 0
Jul 23, 2015 0