How to Prepare for Canadian Citizenship Test ?
Read on to get tips for cracking the Canadian citizenship test
The evaluation procedure for the procurement of Canadian citizenship is a vital step. It is anticipated that the applicant would be asked to appear for the test 5-6 months after the submission of the relevant documents and form to the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) Office. The applicant must be properly groomed for the test, as it can be taken only once per application. If the postulant fails to clear the test, it is likely that he/she will be chosen for an interview with the citizenship judge. According to reports released in 2009, approximately 20% of theapplications that were referred for interviews were spurned.
5 Steps to Crack the CIC Test
1. “Discover Canada” Guide, on which the test is based, can be downloaded by the applicantprior to the receipt of the textual guide. Canadian as well as Non Canadian postulants must be aware of all the facts contained in the same. The questionnaire contained in the guide should be solved for in depth knowledge in specific areas.
2. The guide comprises of facts that must be remembered. For accomplishing the purpose of remembrance, one can make notes, as it is a very useful tool for memorizing.
3. One should be fully accustomed to multiple-choice questions, as this is the exact evaluation procedure for acquiring Canadian Citizenship. The test can be confusing,as very convincing options can be provided for a particularquestion. A person should collect and solve as many sample question papers in order to excel in the test and as such, it can be transcended by proper strategies.
4. The candidate must make a habit of seeking information from everybody in the vicinity, right from colleagues to friends. One must be conscious enough to have knowledge on general issues like Canadian symbols, regions and rights. This method of asking,rendering and acquiring knowledge will be eventually helpful in ‘learning by rote’.
5. Keeping things for the last minute will not be helpful. Thus, an aspirant for the test must get adequate sleep the day before the examination. One must avoid white breads and coffee for breakfast on the test day, as they are easily metabolized and provide energy for a very brief period. Fibrous edibles and fruits must be consumed,that would cater to better performance by providing ample energy to concentrate during the examination.
Other Essential Points to Remember
1. The applicant must know the heads of the state of a particular region/territory/area, as the test is generally regional.
2. The candidate is required to answer the two indispensable questions relating to the existing electoral system. This is done to ensure that the applicant is completely acquainted of the rules embodying the participation of the citizens in political affairs and in elections.