How to Extend UK Visitor Visa to a UK Residency Visa

The family residency visa offers the provision for the spouse or parent to stay in UK for two and a half years. But there are certain formalities that are needed to be completed for extending your visitor visa to residency visa. The most important thing that you should do is start the formalities for changing your residency visa before your visitor visa expires. Otherwise, you will have to leave UK and again apply for visitor’s visa.

There is an immigration category specially meant for extending visitor visa. Before applying for the extension, it is advisable to check the requirements so that you can go to the Visa office fully prepared with all the required documents. UK has introduced a special visa rule since 9th July 2012 which entitles a person to convert his visitor visa into residency visa if he applies under one of the partner or family routes.

The categories that are considered under this rule are:

  • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur, Exceptional talent, General, Investor, Graduate entrepreneur)
  • Tier 2 (General, Sportsperson, Minister of religion, Intra company transfer)
  • Tier 4 (Child, General)
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker-sporting and creative, temporary worker-religious workers, temporary worker-charity workers, temporary worker-international agreement, temporary worker-government authorized exchange and youth mobility scheme)
  • These are the general norms that are considered for extending your visa. For this you need fill up application form that is appropriate for the route you want to take. The choice of correct route will only enable you to get residency visa.

    The application form and route

    • For five year parent or partner route you will require FLR (M) application form
    • For ten year parent or partner route or ten year private life route you will require FLR (O) application form

    These are the basic requisites that are needed for fulfilling the formalities of residency visa.

    It is expected that the application form and details provided carry correct and detailed information of your reason to stay in UK. Your facts such as your relationship with your spouse or child will be checked before finalizing the visa formalities. Hence, you should carry all such documents which will establish your connection with the partner or family while applying for residency visa.

Immigration Frauds

Thu, 09/11/2014 - 18:32

These days’ fraudulent agents are on a hunt for people desperately wanting to migrate to various countries. People get trapped in the scams played by such agents and end up losing their money and hope. Scammers these days use technology,...

Money Matters

Sun, 07/13/2014 - 17:20

It provides them with the opportunity to give to their community. Lawyers provide a valuable service, and one that not everyone can afford.

In the wake of an economic downturn many people in need of legal expertise are unable to access it due to a lack of finances. Through pro bono work, many individuals in need are able to get access to the justice that's entitled to everyone.

If you're looking for a pro bono lawyer in Canada, there are a few important...

CIC Announcements

Thu, 09/18/2014 - 11:06

With the launch of Express Entry in 2015 January, the country aims to reduce processing and wait time for skilled immigrants. This is also observed as an effort to control any kind of ill practice adopted by the employers. Precisely, the objective is to ensure that a job vacancy is offered to the Canadian employee first and only then it should be forwarded to any immigrant...