Guidelines for entering New Zealand as an “Immigrant Investor”
New Zealand favors Immigrant investors and Entrepreneurs
Business Migration category plays a major role in the economic growth of New Zealand. The category makes every possible attempt to attract smart investors across the world.
The categories under which one can apply
There are two options available “Immigrant investors- they can either apply for residence and invest in a business under the category of Investor Plus categories, or can also apply for a visa valid up to two years under Temporary Retirement Category.
One can apply under Long Term Business Visa Category which will allow experienced people to purchase or establish a business in New Zealand. Later, the same applicant can request for Entrepreneur plus Categories.
Relocation of a business
When a business gets relocated to New Zealand then, the employees are eligible to move along. They will be eligible to apply for residence under “Employees of Relocating Business Category.”
• One has to invest minimum amount of NZ$1.5 million under the Investor Category.
• The first step is to fill up an “Expression of Interest (EOI) form.”
• The selections will be made at an interval of fortnight, ensuring an acceptance of a maximum number of 300 applications.
• Once this form is selected, then one will have to prove the mentioned promises about investment in the country.
• The basic aspects which are looked into are health, character and iconic stability.
• It is mandatory to prove that the investment funds are owned by you solely or jointly by you and your partner.
• The other clearances would include, no debt on you and the money earned is legal and the same can be transferred through net banking facility or through any other facility extended by Bank.
• Maximum score of 35 is given to an applicant who is 25 years or even younger in age. With increase in every year, your score gets deducted by 1 point, and, after 59 no scores are given under this category.
• Band score of 3 in IELTS gives you 1 point, that of 4 gives 4 points and that of 5 gives 10 points.
• Maximum score under English Language skills is given to those who have an English background.
• If you hold a business experience of 3 years, you score 9 points and somebody with ten years’ experience may score as high as 30 points.
The country does not only look into the amount of investment made, but also evaluates the source of income and traceability of the money. So, be sure of all the information you furnish in your application form.