Getting an expired Permanent Resident Card renewed from outside Canada
Permanent Resident Card expires every five year, in other words it needs to be renewed every five year’s interval.
In case, when the card is about to expire, you remain absent from Canada for some reason or the other, then also there is a way to handle this important and urgent issue.
The first and foremost attempt should be to renew the card while you are physically present in the country, however, in case you could not for some reasons or the other, you may follow the given steps:
• The first step is to acquire an application for a Travel document. Fill up the form without making any mistake. You may take help of a consultant, but make sure that he is an authorized one. Travel document will give assurance and details of the applicant traveling back to Canada.
• Along with the application you would be receiving a list of documents you need to furnish. Some documents will have to be submitted in original and some would be submitted in photocopy.
• There should be a definite set of documents proving genuine reason for your stay out of Canada at the time of the expiry of your “permanent resident card”.
• You must surely take help of an authorized consultation so that you are sure that your application is checked and then submitted.
• Every country will have a Canadian Visa Office, so you can submit your application along with required documents.
The average processing time for the renewal of Permanent Resident Card would be somewhere around 97 days. The processing time grossly depends upon his number of applications received by the visa office, the applicant taking time to respond to the queries forwarded by the Office, the time needed for medical and security screening and also on the time taken in the delivery of mail services.
The facility of checking application status online
You can check the actual status of your application once the same has been processed or at least initiated. In fact, the details of Permanent Resident Card are available for 30 days after it has been renewed.
So, even if a permanent resident has expired hi Card while he is still away from the country, he has ways to apply for a new one.