Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program is designed for foreign nationals who have plans to immigrate and make a living in Canada. Canada requires skilled workers and those desirous of working in the country can be chosen to become Canadian permanent residents and given immigrant status. This is based on specified qualifications. These qualifications provide objective evidence of the immigrant’s ability to get established in Canada permanently. The primary advantage of applying through the Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program is that it gives the advantage to the person to get her/his spouse and dependent children also.
One of the following minimum criteria requires to be fulfilled if one has to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program:
• One continuous year of work experience in any one of the eligible or specified occupations
• Have an offer of employment I Canada
• Have a doctorate degree
Job offer from an employer in Canada means that the job is a permanent and full time one which is in the qualifying categories. Besides the above one also has to meet the following:
• To be in possession of a valid temporary work permit and when employed in Canada the employer is willing to provide employment on a permanent basis, or
• To be in possession of a valid temporary work permit and currently employed in a job that is exempt from the requirements. In both the above two requirements the labour market opinion is required and the nature of job is permanent, or
• The circumstances that are listed may not be considered but should be in possession of a valid temporary work permit and working currently in Canada, or
• One has a permanent employment offer and all other requirements have been met including positive labour market though not working presently in Canada.
Follow up requirements
After the requirements, as stated above, have been met the government will conduct a verified assessment to evaluate whether the applicant gainfully qualifies under the Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program. The assessment is point based on the basis of age, proficiency and ability to communicate in one of the official languages, that is, English and/or French, general education. Experience in work, qualifications relevant to the job and an overall ability to adapt to the Canadian way of life will strengthen an individual’s claim. A score of sixty seven (67) is the minimum that has to be obtained so that one is declared as essentially qualified.
Sep 02, 2015 0When you see advertisements that pledge work permits and...
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Sep 03, 2015 0
Aug 29, 2015 0
Aug 25, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
Aug 31, 2015 0
Aug 25, 2015 0