When you fall in love with an American citizen and want to marry her whereas you belong to some to other country then you fiance have to make an application through “K 1 Visa” for ensuring that you entered the country legally.
K1 Visa is also regarded as a Fiance (e) Visa and is non-immigrant in nature. It is meant for a fiancé (e) who is not a US citizen.
It enables the fiance to enter and stay in USA from a maximum of 90 days. During this period the couple can get married and start the process of filing Adjustment of Status. This would help the Fiance become a Legal Permanent resident of US.
Eligibility of making application
• Any US citizen intending to marry a foreigner who is not a US citizen can apply.
• The couple should be free to marry each other and there should be no legal hassle to the marriage. For example, either of them should not undergo any divorce or separation case while they are making an application under this category. Any previous married should have been nullified before starting the application process.
• You must have met your fiance within the last two years of initiating the application process.
Processing the application
You need to fill up the following forms:
• I-129 F
• G-1145(is only optional)
The above mentioned forms can be filled online and a printout can be taken for submitting the same. You must always check every line and area you need to fill up before you finally submit the form. Any minor error too will also stand your application rejected.
The documents to be attached
You need to submit every single document mentioned in the form. However, some of the important documents are
• Cover letter
• Declaration of how you met the person
• Proof that you met him or her in the last two years of submitting the application.
• Reason why you intend to marry him or her.
• Apart from mentioned documents you will surely have to submit other documents like your “birth certificate, Legal Name” and many such things to prove that your case is genuine.
Hence, falling in love with an American could actually call for a lot of preparation in terms of documents, but, there is certainly a way to enter and live in USA with your loved one.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Jun 25, 2015 0
Jun 18, 2015 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 06, 2015 0