This is going to be a dream come true for majority of dreamers in the US.
US Permanent Residency within eight years—Undocumented immigrants living in the US would become eligible for becoming US Permanent Residents as per plans by US President Barack Obama. This will grant amnesty to nearly millions of undocumented immigrants living in the US.
As per a plan being proposed by US President Obama and his aides, undocumented immigrants will be able to get US permanent residency after eight years.
This plan, although under review, has got leaked and is being considered to as one of the biggest US immigration overhaul for undocumented immigrants. No wonder, that’s the reason why US President Obama is a favorite among Hispanic voters.
Lawful US immigrant visa for undocumented immigrants—The proposal, if approved, would provide an opportunity to nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants to get a lawful US immigrant visa enabling them to live and work in the US lawfully and without any fear of getting deported from the US.
However, all such prospective US immigrant visa holders will have to—
• Clear criminal background check;
• Submit to biometric tests.
Eligible for US Green Card—Such undocumented immigrants(prospective US immigrant visa holders), after eight years stay in the US, will then be eligible for US Green Card for gaining US permanent residency, as per the ‘half-baked’ US immigration proposal.
However, they will have to ---
• Learn English;
• Study the history and the government of the US;
• Pay any back taxes. If the proposed US immigration plan becomes a law, it will also benefit spouses and children living outside the US. spouses and children will be able to become legal US permanent residents.
Undocumented immigrants would be ineligible for the proposal if—
• They had been convicted of any crime leading to imprisonment of one year or more; or
• They had spent not less than 90 days in prison for three or more crimes.