Ontario has opened up large opportunities for the Immigrants under the Provincial Nominee Program.
Eligibility for making application
• Ontario PNP is a program driven by the employers. A candidate can only make an application if he or she has a permanent full time job offered by an employer in Ontario.
• The other condition in which a candidate can apply is when one holds a Ph.D. from an Ontario University which is publicly funded.
Conditions for the Employers
An employer must hold an approval for the vacancy they create and they will also have to hold a pre-screen application.
When the positions are approved then the employer can recruit foreign skilled workers to fill up the vacancy. Next step would be to make an application to Opportunities Ontario PNP for nomination.
Eligibility criteria for the Employers
An employee can make applications under this category if,
• The company has been operational for a minimum of three years’ time.
• The Gross revenue of the company should be a minimum of $1, 000, and 00 in the last fiscal year.
• The company must have a minimum of 5 full time employees.
• There should be a definite place in Ontario to run the business.
PNP General Category (Ontario)
The immigrants or foreigners planning to apply under this category should hold a qualified job offer from an employee in Ontario in one of the listed skilled occupation. One can apply also if he or she holds a work experience of 2 years in Ontario. The otter criteria to make an application are, if one holds an Employer Pre-Screen Approved Position Form along with the package offered by the employee in Ontario.
International student Category/strong>
• Those who are likely to graduate from a College or University in Canada which is publicly funded for at least last two years. One can also apply after receiving a full time job offer and the other options mentioned above.
• The advantage for Ph.D. students is that they don’t need a job offer from an employee in Canada.
• Masters Graduate in the last Semester of the course enrolled in a University which is publicly funded can also apply for PNP. In this case too, they don’t need to hold any job offer from an employee in Ontario.
Individual Investors can apply
An individual who wants to make an investment in the Province can also apply under this category. One has to meet following criteria:
• Must hold an active involvement in a previously run business and must have created a minimum number of 5 new jobs for Canadians or permanent residents.
• Should be controlling a minimum of 33.33% of business equity.
• Or should be able to make an investment of $1million in business.
• Should not be able to redeem business after a definite period of time.
• Should not aim at drawing interest or dividends or capital gains out of the business.