Changes in Immigration Policy to welcome Immigrant Entrepreneurs and Investors
Immigrant Entrepreneurs and Investors will enjoy a faster immigration process
Immigration department has been coming up with latest developments in the “immigration system”. In a recent announcement high tech and even other entrepreneurs would be encouraged to immigrate to Canada and open new employment avenues by starting a business or entrepreneur.
Alexis Pavlich, Kenney’s press secretary says, “Canada seeks young, ambitious, innovative immigrants who will contribute to Canada’s job and further drive our economy. “
Features of Start-up Visa
• Venture investment funds will meet the responsibility of choosing potential entrepreneurs.
• These entrepreneurs will be approved and cleared for immigration by the department.
• The processing of application and arrival of these entrepreneurs would be as fast as a few weeks.
• It would be a unique combination of national and international resources in terms of money and intelligence.
• The first lot of entrepreneurs might be coming from countries where they didn’t get a scope to explore their intelligence in spite of all possible efforts.
• More than 2,500 visas will be set aside for such entrepreneurs and their families, by the government.
Kenney’s press secretary also said that, “The start-up visa is an initiative that the government of Canada is exploring to assist on transforming our immigration system into fast, fair and flexible system.”
She also adds that this kind of a move will help the economy of the country grow at faster rate along with creating job opportunities for the natives.
There are changes in the “Investor visa class” too. If someone has as much as C$400,000 to C$800,000 to invest in the provinces then he can be assured of getting a visa to immigrate to Canada.
The Immigration department has informed that the steps are taken not to meet the labor shortages only but to serve a larger interest of the nation.
Canada has always been a land of immigrants, who contribute majorly to the economy by making huge investments and also by creating employment through their business openings. With the new facilities the immigrants are likely to pour in more money and generate employment for people.