Changes to Australia skilled migration program in July
Australia, 27th January: Australia’s General Skilled Migration Program will undergo a series of changes with effect from 1st July 2012 onwards.
Hence, all those wanting to immigrate to Australia under Skilled Migration Program must apply now to beat these visa reforms.
Changes to Australia skilled immigration from July—Australian immigration will launch vital changes to its skilled immigration program from July 2012. And such changes mean restricting eligibility to limited number of aspirants wanting to move to Australia as skilled immigrants.
Moreover, processing times for Australia skilled immigration will become longer.
So, if you desire to immigrate to Australia as a skilled immigrant, it’s the right time to apply now to ensure your chance for coming here before stricter changes become effective.
Submit your application for skills assessment and must clear your English language test before submission of application for Australia General Skilled Migration Program(GSM).
Australia GSM to be named Skilled Migration Selection Register—Australia’s GSM will be given a new name of Skilled Migration Selection Register from 1st July 2012. And this will also have new eligibility criteria for all those wanting to immigrate to Australia as skilled immigrants.
New eligibility criteria for Skilled Migration Selection Register—
• All candidates will be required to submit an EOI(Expression of Interest).
• Aspiring visa applicants will need to submit a claim for Australia skilled migration through an EOI online. So, it will become an electronic two-stage visa process and applicants will have to get approval from SkillSelect for gaining their Australia visa.
• After this, bases on their EOI, applicants will be asked to submitting their application for Australian visa.
All these new tougher requirements will mean only a limited number of people will get selected on the basis of their score in the points test. And unlike the current criteria where applicants just need to gain sufficient score to become eligible, new system of Australia immigration will require applicants to pass English language conditions and get required skills assessment before submission of their EOI.
Which categories of Australia visas will be affected by the SkillsSelect system—
• State Sponsored Skilled Migration(subclass 886 and 176)
• Employer Nomination Scheme(subclasses 121, 856)
• Independent Skilled Migration(subclass 175 and subclass 885)
• Business Skills(subclasses 132, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 890, 892, 893)
• Subclass 457 Temporary Business visa(subclass 457-Long Stay)
• Regional Sponsored Nomination Scheme(subclass 19 and subclass 857)