Canada Student Grants Program—Canada Students Grants Program (CSGP) is a latest initiative by Canadian government to offer monetary assistance to families and students (with limited financial resources) to help them pursue post-secondary education in Canada.
In case of Canada student grants, students do not need to repay such money. But, in case of Canada Student loans, money taken for funding post-secondary education in Canada has be repaid to the government.
It is a simple federal program and provides students with the facility to get assistance at the start as well as the middle of the year. The CSGP is going to offer financial assistance to nearly 245,000 Canadians beginning in the school year of 2009-10.
Canada Student Loans Program—The CSLP (Canada Student Loans Program) offers financial aid to students in Canada pursuing part-time or full-time secondary education. Started in 1964, this program by Canadian government is available throughout Canada including almost all territories and provinces of Canada.
It has already helped nearly 4.3 million students in Canada by providing $32 billion as assistance. The program is a joint collaborative effort between the federal government and territories and provinces for helping Canadian students realize their dream of enrolling in post-secondary education in Canada.
How much financial assistance provided under CSLP—Under CSLP, students in Canada are offered up to 60 percent of the money by the federal government with a maximum limit of not more than $210 per week of study. The remaining 40 percent financial help comes from territorial or provincial student loans.
Who is eligible for Canada student grants and loans?—
Following is the eligibility criteria—
• A Canadian permanent resident, Canadian citizen or a protected person;
• A Canadian permanent resident of any territory or province issuing federal student loans or grants;
• Show requirement for financial aid;
• Should be enrolled in a certificate program, degree or diploma spanning for a minimum of 12 weeks in a 15-week period offered by any designated institute of post-secondary education;
• Should not have received the maximum lifetime limit of financial help;
• For those aged above 21 andseeking Canada student loans and Canada student grants for the first time, passing a credit check is must;
• As a part-time student, one must be taking between 20 and 59 percent of the full study course. In case of full-time student, the minimum limit is 60 percent of the full course load.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
May 26, 2015 0
May 26, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
May 08, 2015 0
May 12, 2015 0