Applications for Federal Skilled Workers Program are being accepted from May 1, 2014. With the reopening of the program the parameters for eligibility have also been improved upon by the Government.
• An application would be processed only if an applicant holds a work experience of one full year without any break or discontinuity in between. This should have been obtained in the last ten years’ time.
• The work experience should be a paid one.
• A part time work experience for the same period would be considered if it is paid in similar capacity.
• One should have an offer for job which should be valid and or an arranged employment offer would also be counted by the officials.
• Someone who has enrolled for a PhD program in the country can also apply.
• Someone who has graduated from a Canadian university may also apply under this category.
Official Language Test
One should be fluent in any of the toe official languages of the country, either English or French. One would be devalued on all the four strands of language that is listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The test should have been conducted by any of the institutions approved by Canada, for example IELTS.
Assessing the Educational credential
The educational qualifications obtained on a foreign land by the applicants would be evaluated against the standards of Canada.
The changes would allot a maximum of 25 points for Educational Qualification, 28 for language proficiency, 15 for work experience, 12 for age and 10 points for arranged employment.
An applicant would also require proving that he can sustain himself financially after he has arrived on the Canadian land. This would be apart from being able to bear the cost of traveling from his or her home country to Canada.
They will also have to submit proof to assure the officials about bearing the cost of their families who would be coming along with them.
A maximum of 1000 applications would be accepted under every occupation. A candidate should obtain pas mark criteria set by the immigration Department.
Advantages of visa awarded
• One would be able to work in Canada.
• There would be no restrictions on working in any location within Canada.
• One would be able to apply for citizenship after staying here continuously for three years.
• After becoming a Citizen one would be allowed to travel anywhere in the world without any restriction.
Many have been waiting the reopening of the program for quite some time now. The changes that have been introduced are mostly welcomed by the experts. The intake capacity has been relaxed allowing more number of workers to enter the country. At the same time stricter regulations have been introduced in terms of language proficiency and other criteria. An applicant should be through with the changes before he submits his application. One has to obtain passing marks to get a visa and meet other standard requirements too.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
May 21, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
May 12, 2015 0