Canada’s new Federal Skilled Worker announcements in April
Canada, 14th March: Canada immigration department will make three announcements with regard to Federal Skilled Worker Program in April this year.
All of these three announcements are awaited by applicants wanting to come to Canada as federal skilled workers.
What are the subjects of announcements?—As per Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the announcements will concern the following—
• Designated educational assessment organizations;
• Priority occupations list;
• Annual cap on total applications for Federal Skilled Worker Program.
This means in the month of April this year, aspiring applicants for Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program will be able to know about the various priority occupations included in the list by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
All such information aims to prepare applicants for early start for application submission as soon as the FSWP reopens in May.
Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program will have a new priority occupations list, annual quota and designated organizations for credential assessment and information about this will be made in April this year.
Priority occupation list for FSWP—The decision to have a priority occupation list for Federal Skilled Worker Program will effect on aspirants wanting to come as skilled workers. The details are not known yet. However, it will certainly in tune with the skills in great demand in Canada especially in the natural resources management and healthcare.
Canada FSWP reopens May 2013—Canada will accepting new applications for FSWP( Federal Skilled Worker Program) from 4th May this year. And the announcement of priority occupations list along with organizations designated for educational assessment as well as annual quota for the immigration program will be a big help for aspirants to Canada under FSWP.
has introduced a series of changes to the FSWP in the recent times and currently the program is halted for accepting new applications until 4th May this year.
All such changes are aimed to welcome only those skilled foreign workers who have a higher probability of succeeding in Canada after immigrating here.
Eligibility requirements for FSWP—Following are the requirements for FSWP—
• Get a minimum of 67 points on the redesigned point grid based on age, education, language proficiency, adaptability and work experience;
• Show language proficiency of a minimum of intermediate level in French or English;
• Need to have a minimum of 1 year full-time paid work-experience in the period of last ten years;
• Get foreign credentials assessed, authenticated and deemed as equivalent in Canada.