When you intend to get either a visa or a green card based on your marriage to a US citizen, then you really need to prepare yourself better.
Important points to be remembered
• Your U.S. based citizen or permanent resident spouse should accompany you, while you are going to attend the interview. However, if your fiancé or spouse is overseas ten he need not attend the interview along with.
• You will be required to submit a lot of documents, the Affidavit of Support being the most important one which is to reflect your spouse’s financial status and capacity to bear all your expenditure starting from your air tickets to your stay in US.
• You will have to submit as many genuine documents to prove that your marriage is certainly not for the sake of convenience.
• In some cases both the partners/spouses would be asked the same set of questions separately and the answers for all of them would be compared.
• You must be thorough with every information you have provided across all he documents submitted by you.
• Various documents you should carry with yourself would be “appointment notice, report of medical exam, a passport which holds validity and many such documents”.
• You can wear a dress which is professional, soothing and neat, and which may not be quite modern too.
The various areas where you will be questioned
The Immigration officials may ask anything and everything related to your marriage which may not sound logical to you all the time.
This is to be sure if your marriage is genuine or not. Some of the areas are mentioned below:
• They may ask you questions pertaining to the initiation of your relationship which could be the circumstances, the place, the clothes, the food you ate when you met first and the gift you received from your spouse and many such questions which you tend to forget.
• They may question you about the wedding day and the related happenings like the venue, the kind of attire both of you wore, the number of people attending your wedding, the menu, the various other aspects of that auspicious day.
• You can also expect them to ask you about your own daily routine and that of your spouse as well. Be prepared to answer about mundane activates like cooking, cleaning, getting the kids ready for school and many such questions.
• There can be questions about your personal lives and families too.
• Amid other things they might ask you some of the tricky questions like the future plans, the mode of survival if you are without your spouse in US and many such questions which could reflect upon your capability to face the life in US.
No one can actually give you a guarantee that the questions would be somewhere from the hints given above, however, there would be many points where they will verify facts about your relationship. If you are genuine and true you need not worry about any of the questions, but again the last minute revision is very much required.
May 10, 2015 0A final interim H2B visa program and a final wage rule for...
May 05, 2015 0It is no longer enough to have the right experience and...
May 01, 2015 0Expecting to get Permanent Residency through the Yukon...
Apr 27, 2015 0The Supreme Court has ruled against the Quebec...
Apr 24, 2015 0Nova Scotia is a beautiful Canadian province situated in...
Apr 23, 2015 0In 2007, the Canadian government started a pilot project...
Apr 22, 2015 0The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will see new...
Apr 21, 2015 0Family Class visa is a very popular visa program among...
Jun 25, 2015 0
Jun 18, 2015 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Sep 03, 2005 0
Jul 01, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 23, 2015 0
Jun 06, 2015 0