The elegant saree
Going for a wedding and donâ€™t know what to wearâ€¦.try out the very traditional, yet so chic saree.
Since time immemorial, saree has been making fashion statements and is the best attire for an Indian wedding. In today's wedding functions woman prefers to wear saris in different styles. Fashion designers have come up with innovative ideas to drape them, which are quite popular among today's woman.
Available in a variety of fabrics, ranging from cotton to silk, georgettes to crape, saree is sensuous as well as elegant at the same time. With so much of variety available in the market and so many colours and designs, it becomes difficult as which one to buy.
Given a lot of emphasis in Indian families, sarees ranges from few thousands to few lakhs of rupees, but it is worth the money spent on it. It is a forever treasure, which can never let you wrong in any occasion.
Zari, embroidery, organza, zardosi, sequence, cut work, mirror work, patchwork, pearl work, kasab, kundan, the list is endless. The old tradition to wear super duper heavy saree with oodles of work has become passÃ©. Todayâ€™s style statement is to don a chic, classy, elegant saree in light design and material.
Buying a saree is one major issue, which casts a cloud of confusion for many. Here are some tips to consider while selecting a sareeâ€¦.
1. Women who are on a heavier side should prefer buying light sarees, preferably georgette, silk chignon or chiffon.
2. Big borders should be avoided by short women. Small border or no border is what they should choose from.
3. For women who are thin, fluffy fabrics like organza, cotton, tissue and tussar saris should be chosen.
4. For an elegant and stylish look, choose a sober and delicate print.
5. Women with dark complexion should buy dark colors like maroon, green, dark pink and avoid light color bright colors.
Elegantly draped saree with the right accessories- perfect garb for the perfect wedding.
Sarees- since time immemorial, they have been adorning Indian women and brides, and continue to do so even today.