You consider yourself a great traveler. Every time you have a chance, you want to bask in the culture of another country and meet the locals there. And now that you’re thinking of going on another adventure, your friends started suggesting that you should visit Grand Cayman for the ultimate holiday. You’ve never been in this place, and you think this is a great place to have fun – and you’re right. Grand Cayman offers a wide variety of activities, and regardless of what you’re up to, whether you’re a nature lover or an adventure-seeking person, there’ll always be something you can do there.
To help you come up with a bucket list for your next travel, here are ten things to do in Grand Cayman for the ultimate holiday:
- Eat seafood in waterfront restaurants: Sure, this might not be the first time for you to eat seafood but given that the Grand Cayman is dubbed as the “Culinary Capital of the Caribbean,” you wouldn’t want to miss out on the seafood it has to offer. Grand Cayman is full of waterfront restaurants serving scrumptious seafood, so when you choose to dine in one, you’ll be able to enjoy the scenery of the beaches at the same time– and that’s one great deal!
- Visit the Seven Mile beach: Grand Cayman is about 22 miles long, but the most stunning coastline has to be the 7 Mile Beach. It might not be the best spot for snorkeling, but because it lacks corals, it’s best for swimming. You don’t have to wear those water shoes or struggle to walk in a sea of rocks.
- Visit Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park: If you’re a nature-lover, rejoice! The Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park showcases different plants and animals, and it’ll only take you about an hour to explore all of these. If you’re convinced to visit this botanic park, make sure you have $10 with you for the admission fee.
- Dive at the USS Kittiwake: USS Kittiwake is a former submarine and sits 62 feet below the water’s surface. Because Great Cayman has crystal blue waters, this area has been considered as one of the best diving sites in the world. Once you dive in here, you’ll have the chance to see eerie canteens and restrooms, while enjoying the view of the colorful sea life.
- Snorkel at Stingray City: This is one of the most famous spots in Grand Cayman. If you want to play with over 90 stingrays, this is the place to be. You’ll have the chance to have a close encounter with these mysterious fish. But you don’t need to worry about being bitten though; expert divers will be with you to ensure your safety.
- Swim in Starfish Point: Starfishes are one of the reasons why the underwater life continues to amaze several people – and if you’re of those people, you should never forget swimming at Starfish Point. This is where you’ll find the largest population of starfish on the island, so make sure you bring those goggles with you!
- Explore the island by bicycle: When you’re in a new place, it’s a necessity to explore everything around it. This will be a great way for you to learn more about the place and see how the locals are living. You can do all of these in Grand Cayman with the use of a bicycle!
- Visit West Bay Loop: If you still have time, make sure you visit West Bay Loop. This destination has a number of activities for you to do – from enjoying ocean views to signing up in a kitesurfing school the West Bay Loop, this part of the island will guarantee that you’re nothing short of unique adventures!
- Go to Hell: No, you didn’t misread that. In Grand Cayman, you’ll find hell – a rock formation which is made of dangerous-looking limestone which was formed by algae and other natural elements. The trip to Hell will only last for ten minutes, but since this is a great place for photo ops, you might need to stay longer than that.
- Visit George Town: When you think about capital cities, sceneries of metropolis and busy streets will come into mind, but George Town in Grand Cayman can be an exemption. George Town has a beachy vibe with different boutiques crowding in the shoreline. This is the spot where you’ll find an assortment of things, from high-end diamonds to souvenir t-shirts.
Everyone needs a break once in a while – and for some, they do it through travelling. It always feels good to see new sights, meet new people and try new activities, right? All of these will be the reason for you to be recharged and be ready to take on the world once again. If you’re still thinking of where to go next, consider all the activities you can do in the Grand Cayman. Some of these activities might seem new for you, but if you’re a person who’s always up to the challenge of conquering anything, the Grand Cayman should be on top of your list!
George was born in the Cayman Islands, and has a passion for writing about the best things to do in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. He travels a lot, and blogs to his audience about his journeys.