Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) comes with an exclusive Human Capital Priorities immigration stream from 21st February, 2017. With the opening of this, it will be easier for the selected candidates of the Express Entry system to enter into the dream destination, Canada.
Details of features of Human Capital Priorities immigration stream
On 9th May, 2016, there was a sudden halt in the Human Capital Priorities Immigration stream along with several other immigration streams by the Ontario government. The re-opening of the system once again from this year will benefit the Express Entry candidates because they will be able to get an additional 600 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System or CRS due to the nomination from the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program via the Human Capital Priorities Immigration stream.
The candidate receives a Notification of Interest (NOI) after it gets nominated under the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program. This enables them to apply for the Human Capital Priorities Immigration stream within 45 days of receiving the NOI. If the candidates are successful, then they are being given a higher provincial nomination certificate that the candidates can easily add to their Express Entry profile so that they can achieve the extra 600 points in the CRS.
What are the eligibility criteria for applying for Human Capital Priorities Immigration Scheme?
The chosen candidates of the Express Entry system have to get the NOI from the OINP in order to apply for the Human Capital Priorities Immigration stream so that they can receive the bonus 600 points in the CRS and there is no way one can apply directly for the same. Given under are the eligibility criteria for receiving nomination from the OINP:
- The candidate must maintain a threshold score of 400 under CRS.
- One should be willing to be a resident of Ontario in the future.
- The minimum educational level should of Bachelor’s degree level or higher, whichever is applicable in the concerned case of an individual.
- The candidate must have passed the Canada Language Benchmark of level 7 or above that proves the proficiency of English or French.
- Availability of optimum amount of funds must be present for the candidates to aid themselves along with their family members if they come to Ontario sometime in the future.
At present, the Express Entry level has lowered to almost 441. In such a scenario, it is wise to go for the same at the earliest because different provinces along with Ontario have of late, opened up the Human Capital Priorities Immigration stream for the candidates. This will in turn ensure that the candidates get to receive the NOI that will also help them in getting the permanent Canadian residence too.